Leadership During COVID-19

Leadership in 2021, in times of COVID-19 has practically not been the same as the preceding years. It required that you develop a thicker skin, lead and support your team while finding ways of recharging your energies to keep sane.


Your decision making and sales strategy needs to still be informed by data but also intently take into consideration ground experiences of customers or your targeted audience on daily basis of their lives. Leadership will continue to NOT be a populism contest. It requires risk-taking, clarifying the vision and strategy to the team, taking care of the team, bringing them along in the journey and acting for the greater good.

I have had my fair share and reasonable amount of challenges in my journey as a leader, which to a certain extent potentially ends up affecting and having an effect at home, in my family life. I suppose it is so for everyone in leadership or at work in general depending on the severity of the pressure.

How did I overcome the challenges?

At home, I tried to be understanding, kept calm and did not want my voice to always be the last one heard. I have learnt to appreciate various views from everyone in the house including my beautiful daughters. I learnt to be at peace to NOT fight to be right.

At work? Let's grab a cup of coffee then will subsequently share a bit on what I have learnt.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post